Call park is a feature that allows a person to put a call on hold into a ‘parking bay’ so another person can pick it up from different phone. We also support using a presence (or BLF) to simplify the process of retrieving parked calls.
How to set it up
- Log into your Account.
- Select Switchboard.
- Select your number.
- Select Advanced.
- Go to Call Parking.
- Insert your information.
- Click Save to update your Settings.
First extension: By default, our function will take the next available BAY in the garage. If for example, your first BAY 700 has a parked call, then Call Parking automatically takes BAY 701.
Parking slots: You can determine the number of slots following the First extension (eg setting to 10 slots provides 700-709).
Parking time: Number of seconds a call can be held on the park.
Return to call: Send the call to the original extension or set Call Forward and select a number.
Parking and Retrieving
In the example below the call is parked on line Key2 using using the DTMF mode. The parked call is extracted from the garage using the line1 Presence (BLF).
In the example below we have configured line key1 as a BLF or presence key to indicate that a call has been parked into Bay 201 (*1+parking space).
- To park: Select TRANSFER *07. (NB – the Parking Attendant will confirm your parking slot).
- Inbound Transfers: If your phone does not have an attended transfer button, use the # – eg *07#.
- Retrieval: To retrieve the call from the bay dial 1 followed by the bay number eg *1201.
- Dynamic parking: Our parking supports dynamically assign calls to the next available slot, or alternately ‘directed’ park where the first caller can statically assign the call to a static parking bay.