In this fourth bootcamp we’re looking at some of the more advanced features and settings available to help you communicate better.
- Record your calls.
- Set up a Conference Call.
- Understanding Presence and BLF.
- Set your Time Schedules.
Record your calls
You can set up phone numbers to have these record both inbound and/or outbound calls. Each number can be set up with Call Recording, and you may decide to have call recording on some numbers and not others. A good example of this is to set up your main phone number with call recording for inbound calls. You may also want to set up recording for training new team members, quality tracking or for important calls – the reasons you do this are entirely up to you but the feature set up is always the same.
- Select Switchboard.
- Select the number you wish to set up call recording on.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Call Recording.
- Select your desired settings using the drop down box "Call Recording".
Call Recording options
These are the options available for you to set within the Call Recording feature:
- Record all my calls.
- Record calls on selected numbers only.
- Record calls in both directions, eg inbound and outbound.
- Record inbound calls only.
- Record outbound calls only.
- Disable manual recording options.
- Send a copy of the recording to my email address including an alternative email address (you must enable email recording for this feature).
Manual Call Recording options
If you have Call Recording set to Disabled for a number, a call can still be recorded manually just by pressing a few short keys on your handset. This is useful when, for example, you might want to agree a verbal contract with a caller. You can press a key to start and stop the recording once you have announced to the caller that you will be making the recording.
NOTE: To enable manual recording you must toggle this on.
- When Call Recording is set to on, press #3 to pause a recording.
- When Call Recording is set to on, press #4 to resume a recording.
- When Call Recording is disabled, press *1 to start or stop a recording.
Playback your Call Recordings
Your Call Recordings are located against the call billing record.
- Click into Account from the main menu and select billing, select the subheading billing records.
- In this section you can choose calls from billing periods, groups, calls made from a certain number or from a number, types of calls and calls longer than a specified duration to playback.
- Click Search.
- Download the calls which you wish to playback.
Call recording must be used in a way which complies with the law.
It’s pretty simple to set up one of your numbers to be used as a destination audio meeting room. This means you provide a number to your callers to dial into and everyone invited can be in the same room.
- Click Switchboard and designate a number for call conferencing.
- Select Inbound.
- Add a PIN number (optional).
- Set up whether you want the calls recorded.
- Save the settings for this number.
You now have a Conference number set up. All you need to do now is invite people to your next conference call.
Set up a private audio Conference room so only selected numbers can ever dial in.
Understanding Presence and Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
If you are using a Yealink or Polycom handset, Presence and BLF is out of the box functionality available to you.
What this gives you is a visual queue that people are available or not. Green means available, red they’re not.
You can set up your number to enable Presence and BLF however you will need to also understand the instructions for setting BLF provided by your handset vendor. Please see Presence and Busy Line Field article for a detailed guide.
Set your Time Schedule
This is such a handy feature and once you have it set up it will be a great help directing your incoming calls.
The setting for Time Schedules can be found under the menu item “Preferences”. You have the following time schedules available:
- Work hours
- Available hours
- User defined hours
Time Schedules are used in conjunction with other features including:
- Simultaneous Ring
- Call Forwarding
- Hunt Group
- Call Queuing
- Do Not Disturb
- Call Screening options
- Auto Attendant
Each of these above features provides you options to set the feature according to the time Schedule ensuring that you never miss a call.